Dr Harun Gupta
Dr Gupta underwent radiology training from NHS Grampian (Aberdeen), which was followed by one-year post CCT Fellowship in Musculoskeletal Radiology at the Leeds Teaching Hospitals, Leeds (2009-10). He also did a short training rotation in Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre in Oxford.
Dr Gupta did MBBS (1991 - 97) from Grant Medical College in Mumbai securing 6 distinctions and was followed by 3-year rotation in General Medicine (MD, 1998 - 2001) with subspecialty interest in rheumatology. He obtained MRCP in 2003 while doing senior SHO posts in Aberdeen and won the prize for best SHO presentation in the Grampian NHS Trust.
- Consultant Musculoskeletal Radiologist, Leeds Teaching Hospitals, since 2010.
- Honorary Senior Lecturer, University of Leeds
- Advisory editor (MSK section), Clinical Radiology Journal, RCR publication
- Elected member of Board, British Society of Skeletal Radiology
- Member of Ultrasound and Intervention Subcommittee, European Society of Skeletal Radiology
- Member of Refresher Program Promotion Committee, International Skeletal Society
- Advisory member of Board, Musculoskeletal Society of India
- Advisory Editor, Journal of MSS India
Membership of Other Professional Bodies
- Royal College of Radiologists of UK
- International Skeletal Society
- British Society of Skeletal Radiologists
- European Society of Skeletal Radiologists
- European Society of Radiology
- Musculoskeletal Society of India
Clinical, Research and Teaching Interests
- Expert in all aspects of musculoskeletal radiology. This includes soft tissue sarcoma and he is core member of the Yorkshire Cancer Network Sarcoma MDT. He also performs all aspects of image guided MSK intervention including PRP and spinal injections.
- Editor of book - Practical guide for imaging of soft tissue tumours (ISBN 9781032111759); Associate Editor of MSK section, Comprehensive Textbook of Clinical Radiology (ISBN 9788131263693).
- He has over 60 publications including multiple book chapters. (https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Harun_Gupta2)
- In the past he has been the UK Lead for MSK Guidelines in the RCR MBUR8 Guidelines (2014-16); Clinical Supervisor, MSK radiology for Leeds Radiology Academy; and Special Interest Lead MSK radiology.
- Founder of unique MSK learning portal www.mskteachingroom.com. He regularly teaches in courses and webinars and believes in sharing and passing knowledge to the coming generation of radiologists across the globe. Some of his recent webinars have covered over 25 countries. Most recently he was awarded “Certificate of Honour” by the MSK Society of India for his exemplary contributions to radiology teaching and Society.
- He is actively in involved in research at the Leeds Biomedical Research Centre (BRC).
Dr Gupta is Faculty of number of local, national and international courses and meetings. He has organised multiple meetings.
- BISS Virtual AGM, Dec 2020
- On Road to Rio – Hot topics in sports imaging 2016, for BIR at Lords Cricket Stadium
- ESSR 2015, York Local organising committee
- 3-day British MSK US and MRI course in Bangalore, India 2014