Dr Philip Robinson
- MB ChB (Hons)
- European Society of Skeletal Radiologists Diploma
Dr Philip Robinson performs all aspects of musculoskeletal radiology and intervention including imaging elite athletes and sarcoma imaging. He graduated from Queen’s University Belfast Medical School in 1991 and initially trained in Medicine.
Dr Robinson obtained MRCP in 1994 and entered radiology training at the University of Manchester in 1995 obtaining the FRCR in 1998. He completed a fellowship in musculoskeletal radiology at the University of Toronto in 2000. He was appointed a Consultant Musculoskeletal Radiologist, Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust in 2001.
- Consultant Musculoskeletal Radiologist, Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust.
- Honorary Clinical Associate Professor University of Leeds and Leeds Musculoskeletal Biomedical Research Centre.
- Associate of the Arthritis Research UK Centre for Sport, Exercise and Osteoarthritis.
- European Society of Musculoskeletal Radiology (ESSR) Vice President 2023 becoming President Elect 2024.
- Medical Advisor to the European/World DP Golf Tour.
- Clinical Director for Leeds Radiology 2011 – 2018.
- British Society of Skeletal Radiologists (BSSR) President 2018-2020.
- Participates in several academic and advisory committees for NHS England, Royal College of Radiologists, European Society of Musculoskeletal Radiology and International Skeletal Society.
Membership of Other Professional Bodies
Dr Robinson serves on a number of committees for:
- Royal College of Radiologists
- European Society of Radiology
- European Society of Skeletal Radiology
- International Skeletal Society
Research and Teaching Interests
Dr Robinson has authored over 115 peer-reviewed papers, 25 book chapters and 1 textbook.
His main research interests include sports overuse injuries (particularly groin, hip, knee and ankle pain), clinical effectiveness studies as well as sarcoma imaging and management.
Dr Robinson undertakes all forms of diagnostic musculoskeletal radiology imaging and intervention apart from spinal intervention.
Dr Robinson undertakes medicolegal expert work.